- Holland & Knight's Agriculture Team represents companies, associations, coalitions and tribes spanning the entire food and agriculture spectrum, including seed companies, packaged food manufacturers, AgriFoodTech companies, meat, poultry and seafood producers and processors, farmers, grocery stores, distilleries, distributors and other stakeholders across the country.
- In many instances, food and agriculture companies' efforts to implement innovative practices and solutions to maximize productivity and yield while minimizing environmental and climate change impacts outpace government laws, policies and regulations, which can pose significant business and operational risks.
- Our attorneys and professionals advise food and agriculture clients on a variety of public policy, regulation and compliance matters, including representing clients on policy and regulatory matters before Congress and a number of federal agencies. We also assist clients with other key issues such as land, water and farming rights, labor disputes, pesticide regulations and use, federal and state grants and loans, mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions and real estate.
Food and agriculture production is both highly regulated and experiencing tremendous growth through innovation to meet evolving consumer expectations and increasing awareness of agriculture's environmental impact. Food and agriculture companies are leading the charge in the implementation of innovative technologies, practices and solutions to maximize productivity and yield while minimizing environmental and climate change impacts. In many instances, their efforts outpace government laws, policies and regulations, which can pose significant business and operational risks.
The attorneys on Holland & Knight's Agriculture Team serve as trusted advisors and business partners focused on the laws and regulations that impact our food and agriculture clients' ability to operate and grow their businesses. We assist clients in addressing a wide range of issues, including:
- land, water and farming rights
- labor relations and disputes
- pesticide regulations and use
- conventional and bioengineered seed production and regulation
- regulation of emerging technologies in food and agriculture
- federal and state financing instruments (grants, loans, loan guarantees) for food and agriculture businesses
Our lawyers and professional advisors represent companies, associations, coalitions and tribes spanning the entire food and agriculture spectrum, including seed companies, packaged food manufacturers, innovative AgriFoodTech companies, meat, poultry and seafood producers and processors, farmers, grocery stores, distilleries, distributors and other agriculture industry stakeholders and associations across the country.
We advise clients on public policy and regulation matters before Congress, as well as regulatory approvals and compliance, including with agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). In all of our work, we leverage our extensive network of relationships with key legislative and executive branch officials to effectively convey our clients' positions, interests and concerns, with an eye toward anticipating and addressing both challenges and opportunities.
Our attorneys and professionals also collaborate with experienced colleagues in other practice areas throughout the firm to provide skilled counsel to food and agriculture clients in matters involving mergers and acquisitions (M&A), commercial transactions, capital raising and financing, real estate, data security and privacy, intellectual property, tax and litigation as well as bankruptcy proceedings.