Marisa Garcia assists clients primarily in the healthcare industry with strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures involving physician practices, behavioral healthcare facilities, dental practices, dermatology practices, infusion therapy and other healthcare entities. She also assists in the sale of portfolio companies and investments involving private equity and other strategic buyers.
Previously, Ms. Garcia was a litigator, where she gained valuable experience handling a variety of civil and criminal matters in both federal and state court. She is also a United States Air Force Veteran and served as a Phoenix Raven. Her background allows her to provide clients a unique perspective on navigating deals.
- Represented Newport Healthcare, the national leader in treating higher-acuity mood and co-occurring disorders in teens and young adults, in its acquisition of Minnesota-based PrairieCare, a premier provider of mental health services in the Midwest with one of the nation's largest pediatric psychiatric practices. The firm continues to assist the client with general counsel by providing attention to regulatory and diligence matters, reviewing and preparing purchase agreements, and more
- Belmont University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- National University, B.A., cum laude
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Belmont College of Law Inn of Courts, Mentor, 2021-2022
- Lawyer's Association for Women
- Autism Tennessee
- Girls on the Run of Middle Tennessee, Board Member
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2023, 2024