Alberto M. Hernandez
Alberto M. Hernandez is a partner in Holland & Knight's Miami office. He has significant experience in domestic and international transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and general corporate matters. Mr. Hernandez’s corporate finance experience includes the representation of issuers, investors and underwriters in connection with venture capital transactions, private placements and lending transactions.
Mr. Hernandez has represented many multinational corporations in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. Much of his domestic transactional and corporate practice focuses in the healthcare industry where he has represented a broad spectrum of healthcare businesses, including physician practice management companies, hospitals systems, health maintenance organizations, provider networks, prepaid health plans and other healthcare providers and delivery systems. He is former general counsel to a publicly traded physician practice management company.
- Main general, regulatory and transactional counsel to various provider sponsored organizations including involvement in all aspects of reimbursement and payment issues under the Medicare + Choice/Medicare Advantage Program
- Lead transactional and regulatory healthcare counsel in numerous mergers and acquisitions involving healthcare entities such as managed care organizations, hospital systems, medical practices, diagnostic centers and ambulatory surgical centers
- Regulatory counsel to operator of emergency room management services
- General representation of numerous healthcare entities, including physician practice management companies and health maintenance organizations, in transactional and regulatory matters
- Representation of numerous investors in acquisitions and sales of health maintenance organizations
- Representation of numerous not-for-profit entities, including integrated delivery health systems and long-term care facilities
- Representation of publicly traded and privately held companies, serving as both transactional and regulatory counsel in a wide range of commercial matters
- Representation of concessionaries in the negotiation of public-private partnerships with governmental authorities
- University of Miami, BBA
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- Loyola University New Orleans, MBA, cum laude
- Cuban-American Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Miami Dade County Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate & Construction: Real Estate, 2014
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, 2012
- Top Dealmaker of the Year - Distressed Real Estate, Daily Business Review, 2012
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2007, 2008