Laura Lopez Nickerson is a corporate services attorney in Holland & Knight's Denver office. Ms. Nickerson's practice areas encompass mergers and acquisitions (M&A), securities and corporate finance, and cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Nickerson practiced law at a nationally renowned securities boutique with an international reach, where she represented clients spanning various industries, including energy and natural resources, financial services, government, healthcare and life sciences, real estate and technology.
Ms. Nickerson previously served as a Fellow in the Municipal Operations section of the Denver City Attorney's Office. She also held internships at Newmont Mining Corporation, the Colorado Court of Appeals and the Oklahoma Office of the Governor. Ms. Nickerson's previous experiences, breadth of intercultural connections and public relations education produce innovative solutions and client-centered results.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D.
- Oklahoma State University, B.A.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law Alumni Council, International Law Task Force; Nominations Committee
- Center for Legal Inclusiveness, Board Member
- Colorado Pledge to Diversity Program, Executive Committee
- Colorado Bar Association, Business Council Section
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association
- Colorado Women's Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Law School…Yes We Can, Mentor
- Rising Star, Colorado Super Lawyers magazine, 2020, 2021
- Lawyer to Keep on the Watch, Latino Leaders Magazine, 2020