Christopher M. Phillips
Chris Phillips assists clients requiring representation on mergers and acquisitions and counsels on payment system matters. He represents national and international buyers and sellers in the acquisition, disposition, financing and operation of payment processing and financial technology companies. Clients benefit from his comprehensive understanding of industry operations, as well as his technical proficiency in the negotiation and drafting of sponsorship, card processing and key vendor agreements.
Healthcare industry clients look to Mr. Phillips for counsel on the sale and purchase of hospitals, health systems and related healthcare service providers. He also represents private equity investors in the healthcare, payments and technology sectors.
He is a member of the American Bar Association working group that publishes the semi-annual Private Target Mergers and Acquisitions Deal Points Study and a frequent speaker at financial services industry conferences and meetings.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- Sewanee: The University of the South, B.A., cum laude
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Payments and Financial Services and Cyberspace Law Committees
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Mergers and Acquisitions Market Trends Subcommittee
- American Health Law Association
- Electronic Transactions Association, Government Relations Committee, State Issues Committee and Lawyers Committee