Holland & Knight's Compliance Services and Education Teams, along with attorneys throughout the firm, collaborated on the 2016 edition of the Practising Law Institute's (PLI) Corporate Compliance Answer Book.
The book serves as a guide in a question and answer format, helping readers to use risk assessment, apply gap analyses, conduct internal investigations, develop records management programs, satisfy labor and employment mandates, environmental rules, lobbying and campaign finance laws, export control regulations, and FCPA anti-bribery standards, and make voluntary disclosures of illegalities, among other topics.
Visit PLI's website for more information and to order a copy.
Corporate Compliance Answer Book Chapter/Author Information
- Chapter 1: The Business Case for Compliance Programs by Michael R. Manthei and Christopher A. Myers
- Chapter 2:Implementation of Effective Compliance and Ethics Programs and the Federal Sentencing Guidelines by Steven D. Gordon
- Chapter 4:Risk Assessment and Gap Analysis by Kwamina Thomas Williford
- Chapter 5:Records Management by Ieuan G. Mahony
- Chapter 6:Internal Investigations by Gregory A. Baldwin
- Chapter 7: Electronic Discovery by Sonya Strnad
- Chapter 8: Voluntary Disclosure of Wrongdoing by Michael R. Manthei
- Chapter 9: Witness Preparation by Daniel I. Small
- Chapter 10: Settling with the Government by Mark A. Flessner
- Chapter 12: Privacy and Security of Personal Information by Ieuan G. Mahony and Maximillian J. Bodoin
- Chapter 13: Procuring Computing Resources: IP Licensing, Outsourcing, and Cloud Computing by Ieuan G. Mahony
- Chapter 14: Government Contractors by David S. Black, Thomas M. Brownell and William M. Pannier
- Chapter 15: International Investigations by Steven D. Gordon
- Chapter 16: Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by Don Zarin and Timothy D. Belevetz
- Chapter 17: Export Controls by Ronald A. Oleynik, Jonathan M. Epstein and Antonia I. Tzinova
- Chapter 18: Corporate Political Activity by Christopher DeLacy
- Chapter 19: Environmental Law by Bonni Kaufman and Stacy Watson May
- Chapter 22: Medicare Part D Chapter by Jeffrey W. Mittleman and Ilenna J. Stein
- Chapter 23: Managed Care Organizations by Jeffrey W. Mittleman
- Chapter 24: Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturers by Michael R. Manthei, William Gould and Jenna C. Bigornia
- Chapter 25: HIPAA Security and Privacy by Shannon Hartsfield
- Chapter 26: The Affordable Care Act by Michael R. Manthei, Christopher A. Myers and John Irving
- Chapter 27: The Affordable Care Act: Employer Obligations by Kenneth Jenero
- Chapter 28: Anti-Money Laundering by Gregory A. Baldwin
- Chapter 29: Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 Chapter by Richard T. Williams and Jerome W. Hoffman
- Chapter 30: Law and Accounting: The Convergence of Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, and Caremark Duties by Laurie L. Green
- Chapter 31: SEC Investigations of Public Companies by Mitchell E. Herr and Timothy D. Belevetz
- Chapter 32: Directors and Officers Liability Insurance by Thomas H. Bentz Jr.
- Chapter 33: Cyber Liability Insurance by Thomas H. Bentz Jr.
- Chapter 34: Executive Compensation by Robert J. Friedman, Richard J. Hindlian and David G. O'Leary
- Chapter 35: Institutions of Higher Education by Paul G. Lannon, Nathan A. Adams and Kwamina Thomas Williford
- Chapter 36: Labor and Employment Law by James W. Michalski
- Chapter 37: Anti-Human Trafficking and Forced Labor by William N. Shepherd, Vince Farhat and John A. Canale