Danilo Romero Raad
Danilo Romero is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office. Mr. Romero focuses on competition and antitrust litigation, intellectual property (IP), consumer protection law, copyright and data protection, and media and entertainment law.
As part of his practice, Mr. Romero represents several regional clients to create efficient legal strategies to protect trademarks, inventions and patents. He also provides legal support to companies in various sectors in competition matters that have resulted in favorable resolutions through litigation.
Mr. Romero also has extensive experience in the creation of data protection policies for companies operating in Colombia and in the process required by the authorities for the registration and updating of databases in compliance with local regulations.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Romero is a member of the A-List of Arbitrators of the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce and Cali Chamber of Commerce, and has been part of several arbitration tribunals under the rules of these entities.
He has authored several articles in Colombia and abroad, and he also serves as a professor in IP and competition law at some of the most important universities in the country.
Before joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Romero was the solo founder of an IP boutique law firm in Bogotá, which was listed as one of the most notable law firms in the country by many legal industry publications.
- Universidad Sergio Arboleda, Specialization, Business and International Commerce with the United States
- Universidad Externado de Colombia, Specialization, Antitrust Law
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, LL.M., Intellectual Property
- Universidad de los Andes, J.D.
- Cali Chamber of Commerce, A-List of Arbitrators
- Asociación Colombiana de Derecho de la Competencia
- International Trademark Association, Academic Committee
- Bogota Chamber of Commerce, A-List of Arbitrators
- Chambers Latin America – Latin America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Colombia: Intellectual Property, 2012-2024; Competition/Antitrust, 2022-2024
- The Best Lawyers in Colombia, Intellectual Property Law, 2018, 2023, 2024
- Leaders League, Colombia, Competition & Antitrust - Antitrust & Merger Control, 2018, 2022, 2023
- Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Colombia: Intellectual Property, 2012-2016, 2018-2023
- Best Lawyers in Colombia, 2019-2022
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Intellectual Property, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019; Competition and Antitrust, 2016, 2018, 2019; Corporate / M & A, 2016, 2018, 2019
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Leading Lawyer, Intellectual Property, 2019