Eddie Williams III
Eddie Williams III is a partner in Holland & Knight's Tallahassee office. Mr. Williams practices in the firm's Business Law Section in the areas of healthcare regulation, state and local tax, as well as cybersecurity and privacy.
Mr. Williams is experienced in assisting and advising clients with state and federal healthcare regulatory issues including compliance, HIPAA and data privacy, as well as "anti-kickback" and patient self-referral laws. Specific work experience includes:
- work on a HIPAA gap analysis and compliance plan for a large dental clinic;
- analysis of privacy-related regulatory questions for a variety of healthcare entities;
- assisting long-term care clients (assisted-living facilities, skilled-nursing facilities, continuing care retirement communities) with state licensure and Medicare/Medicaid applications;
- regulatory advice and counsel regarding healthcare regulation;
- assisting clients with responding to data breaches;
- assisting clients with managing their cybersecurity issues, centralized standards and contractual protections with inbound vendors.
Mr. Williams is also experienced in representing clients before the Florida Department of Revenue and advising taxpayers on a broad range of Florida and multistate issues. Mr. Williams also has experience in assisting clients form nonprofit corporations and religious institutions in obtaining IRS §501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, state tax-exempt status and charitable solicitation registration.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- Albany State University, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude
- Tallahassee Barristers Association
- Leadership Tallahassee, Inc.
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Capital City Kiwanis Club Foundation
- Timothy Training & Development Center, Inc.
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017