- In today's complex business environment, insurers and insureds face a number of challenges as they seek to anticipate risks and protect their interests.
- Holland & Knight's Insurance Disputes Team assists clients in a wide range of insurance-related matters, from coverage disputes and high-stakes litigation to coverage interpretation and risk management counsel.
- Our experienced attorneys have litigated and arbitrated disputes in nearly every aspect of insurance law, including a variety of regulatory compliance and coverage matters.
In today's climate of deregulation, globalization and natural disasters, complex legal challenges for insurers and insureds are on the rise. Addressing these legal challenges, establishing risk assessment and avoidance strategies, and pursuing potential litigation when necessary requires the knowledge and experience of skilled legal professionals.
Holland & Knight's Insurance Disputes Team has a long history of helping clients anticipate risks and protect their interests. Our attorneys recognize the critical importance of insurance and the protections that it affords employees, customers, corporate assets and future business operations.
From insurance coverage disputes and high-stakes litigation to policy analysis, coverage interpretation and risk management counsel, our team collaborates with attorneys throughout the firm to protect the interests of clients around the world.
Protecting Your Interests
Because litigation can be costly and time consuming, our team attempts to resolve disputes at the earliest possible stage. However, if litigation is in our client's best interest or cannot be otherwise avoided, our lawyers have the experience and knowledge necessary to take the matter to court or arbitration. We have litigated and arbitrated disputes in nearly every aspect of insurance law, regulatory compliance and coverage issues, including:
- comprehensive general commercial liability insurance policies
- business liability insurance claims
- environmental coverage
- cyber coverage
- errors and omissions policies
- professional liability policies
- directors' and officers' (D&O) liability
- marine protection and indemnity (P&I), hull, cargo and freight, demurrage and defense (FD&D)
- aviation and space risks
- business interruption and property loss
- product liability insurance claims
- sales practices liability
- construction defect liability
Our insurance/reinsurance litigators provide skilled and cost-effective representation for all types of matters, including:
- product liability insurance actions
- complex and varied multidistrict litigation
- class action suits
- development and product disputes
- environmental and toxic tort liability
- disputes regarding equitable contribution
- technology-related contract matters and e-discovery disputes
- health insurance coverage disputes
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) disputes
- agency and broker disputes
- privacy disputes
- personal injury, wrongful death and property claims arising from every loss situation, including aviation, space and maritime matters
- D&O liability disputes
- insurance fraud and bad faith claims
- professional errors and omissions claims
- reinsurance disputes
Leadership and Recognition
Holland & Knight's Insurance Disputes Team is committed to staying abreast of the issues that will likely impact future court decisions. Many of our attorneys have held leadership roles in professional organizations or committees focused on insurance, such as the American Bar Association's Insurance and Financial Services Committee and the International Bar Association Insurance Committee. Others are actively involved in these organizations, as well as state and local bar associations' insurance related committees. It is this commitment to the practice that has led to the recognition that several of our insurance team members have received from leading publications, including the Legal 500 United States, The Best Lawyers in America and Guide to the World's Leading Insurance/Reinsurance Lawyers.