- Holland & Knight offers a team of lawyers with varied backgrounds, dedicated to helping diverse clientele address their corporate governance issues.
- Our Corporate Governance Team guides clients through the complex maze of requirements issued by Congress, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the stock exchanges and other regulatory authorities and agencies.
- We regularly assist clients in creating and enforcing comprehensive governance and compliance programs to meet their specific needs.
The ever-evolving and stringent regulatory environment you operate in today demands proactive legal advice to ensure that corporate governance matters are carefully and adequately addressed in your organization. Recognized as one of the first law firms in the country to establish a dedicated corporate governance team, Holland & Knight has advised both public and private companies in the myriad issues that have arisen in relation to Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
Developing a Crisis Avoidance Strategy
Our Corporate Governance Practice can guide your organization through the web of requirements promulgated by Congress, the SEC, the stock exchanges, and other regulatory authorities and agencies. While our focus to advise you in developing an effective crisis-avoidance strategy, should a crisis arise, we are also equipped to respond vigorously on your behalf.
A Comprehensive Governance Plan Tailored for Your Organization
Because of the diverse clientele we have counseled in this area, and as a result of our team members’ varied backgrounds, we are able to extend comprehensive governance and compliance programs and a tailored response to your needs.
Team members have focused experience in all relevant areas of the law – including corporate and securities law, securities litigation, white-collar crime, director and officer liability and indemnification, insolvency law and regulatory affairs.
Your team includes former officials who have an up-close understanding of what regulatory developments can mean for your business including a former deputy chief of staff to the U.S. attorney general and a former occupant of the Edgar S. Woolard, Jr., Chair of Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware.
A Full Range of Services
Whether your company is private or public, domestic or global, you can rely on our commitment to practical and vigilant representation for the full range of corporate governance matters, including:
- board composition, structure and requirements
- director and officer liability and insurance
- codes of ethics
- regulatory and internal investigations
- whistleblower procedures
- executive compensation
- litigation avoidance
- audit and independent board committee issues