Workforce, Employment and Immigration
Nearly every company, public and private, faces issues stemming from the impact of COVID-19 on the workforce. Our Labor, Employment and Benefits Group can provide guidance on new legislation affecting employees, changes to leave policies, furloughs and reductions in force, enhancing remote work policies, reviewing and updating provisions in existing contracts, complying with OSHA, the ADA, the wage and hour laws and communicating policy changes and updates.
Guidance for Returning to the Workplace
States are easing or phasing out their stay-at-home orders. Nonessential businesses will begin to reopen and their employees will return to work. Many essential businesses that have continued to operate likely will see an increase in the number of employees returning to the workplace. But concerns about transmission of COVID-19 remain. Many states have or can be expected to impose significant obligations on employers to ensure that their workplaces remain safe and that the risk of COVID-19 transmission is minimized. This laudable objective presents many challenges to all employers.
To assist companies in their efforts, Holland & Knight has created a series of alerts focused on return-to-work issues.
- Part 1: Considerations and Practicalities for Returning Employees to Work During a Pandemic
- Part 2: Maintaining a Safe Workplace: Screening Employees as They Return to Work During a Pandemic
- Part 3: New Employer Obligations in the Age of COVID-19: Safety Policies, PPE and Deep Cleaning
- Part 4: Dealing with COVID-19 in the Workplace
- Part 5: A Dedicated Pandemic Response Team Can Identify and Implement Policies Needed for a Safe Return
- Part 6: New Challenges for Employers, But Old Accommodation, Anti-Discrimination, Wage Laws Still Apply
- Part 7: Workplace of the Future: Innovation and Communication Will Be Crucial for Employers
If you would like to be added to our mailing list for future Labor & Employment alerts and programs, subscribe here.
Returning to the Workplace Information
Essential DOL, EEOC & IRS Information
OSHA and Workplace Safety
Primary OSHA Contact: Howard Sokol and Gina Fonte
OSHA and Workplace Safety Publications
Recorded OSHA-Related Webinars
Primary Contacts: Tara Vance, Jason Klitenic and Leon Fresco
Immigration Law Videos
Holland & Knight’s multidisciplinary COVID-19 Response Team is available to help clients respond to a variety of business and legal issues they may be facing.
Additional COVID-19 Resources for your Business
Workforce & Employment and Immigration | Healthcare & Life Sciences | Transportation & Infrastructure | Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights | Contracts | Public Companies | Government Contracting | Hospitality | Financial Services and Finance | Real Estate | Privacy & Cybersecurity | Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental | Federal Government Funding Opportunities | State and Local COVID-19 Activities | Insurance/Risk Guidance | Charitable Giving and Disaster Relief | Latin America | Remote Online Notarizations & Digital Signatures | Enforcement | Israel