Public Policy & Regulation
- Holland & Knight's Public Policy & Regulation Group is a strong bipartisan team with deep ties throughout Washington, D.C. We have built a thriving government affairs practice through our depth of experience and diversity – and by maintaining our bipartisan approach. While the reach of some firms fluctuates depending on which party is in power, Holland & Knight remains steady by nurturing longstanding relationships on both sides of the aisle when advocating on behalf of our clients.
- Honesty, competence, persuasive communication and deep, longstanding ties on both sides of the aisle are the firm's hallmark traits when dealing with Congress and the federal government. Our team of attorneys and professionals partner with you to keep your voice on critical legislative issues front and center before federal policymakers. As your advocates, we collaborate with you to shape public policy decisions through careful, strategic positioning.
- Our seasoned team is composed of lawyers and lobbyists with a comprehensive understanding of the federal legislative and agency policy making processes. The firm has been recognized among the top 10 federal lobbying and law firms in Washington, D.C., by Influence, National Journal, Roll Call and Washington Business Journal.
- We combine a small firm culture with big firm resources to provide you with personalized attention and thorough government representation.
Governments – local, tribal, state and federal – serve as regulator, customer, competitor, advocate and adversary. The shifting dynamics of governmental entities and the ensuing changes in economic or political policies, laws and regulations can have a critical impact on the health and future of your business.
Maintaining a competitive edge in the face of anticipated or unexpected issues requires more than vigilance. It takes a thorough understanding of the federal policy and regulatory process, an intuitive awareness of your industry and needs, the ability to proactively create opportunities and strategies, and persuasive advocacy at the highest levels of government.
Holland & Knight's Public Policy & Regulation Group uses its in-depth understanding of governmental operations and political perspectives with significant knowledge of your unique and evolving needs to advance your strategic objectives and solve problems.
We achieve this through a combination of policy depth and experience, political prowess, media savvy and access to nationwide resources across a range of practices. It's a formula that has positioned Holland & Knight among the top-ranked firms in leading industry publications for public policy and law.
Your Voice. Our Advocacy.
Our philosophy is to function as an extension of your team.
You play a hands-on role in crafting your policies and positions on legislative, regulatory and operational issues impacting your industry. We partner with you to keep your voice on critical legislative issues front and center before federal policymakers. As your advocates, we help you shape public policy decisions through careful, strategic positioning. We know how, where and when to intervene to achieve desired results.
Our team offers depth, diversity and a bipartisan approach that has successfully weathered changes in the political climate. Honesty, competence, persuasive communication and deep, longstanding ties on both sides of the aisle are the firm's hallmark traits when dealing with Congress and the federal government.
This, combined with our extensive skills and experience in the federal appropriations, grants, regulatory, legislative and authorization processes, is the foundation of our approach in helping you achieve your objectives.
Our Team Is Your Strength
Our Public Policy & Regulation Group has an ideal combination of lawyers and lobbyists with a comprehensive understanding of the federal policy and regulatory process. The combined experience of our team enables us to provide our clients with crucial legal advice necessary in varied complex policy areas and with required access to key decision-makers from both parties.
We fully engage all resources within Holland & Knight to ensure seasoned, creative and timely service to our public policy clients. This interdisciplinary approach provides you with a full analysis of the legal, political, regulatory, business and media components surrounding the issues that are most important to you.
Our relationships throughout Congress, the White House and the executive branch are our strongest resources. Our bipartisan team maintains strong professional relationships with the majority and minority leadership at the federal and state levels, and we regularly work with every appropriations committee and subcommittee and substantive authorizing committees.
Shaping Decisions Across Multiple Industries
Over the years we have represented corporations, trade associations, non-profit organizations, tribal entities, and foreign, state and local governments in legislation involving a broad scope of industries, including:
- healthcare and life sciences
- defense and foreign policy
- financial services
- homeland security
- Indian affairs
- state and local governments
- environment and water law